According to the 2019 Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers conducted by the National Association of Realtors®, the typical home seller in 2019 was 57 years old with median household income of $102,900. Highlights below include the primary reasons for selling, the median sale price percentage and the median time on market.
- Home sellers typically lived in their home for 10 years before selling in 2019. This average was 6 to 7 years in 2018.
- Homes sellers in 2019 reported the sale price was a median of 99% of the final list price.
- For all home sellers in 2019 the most common reasons for selling their home was:
- to be closer to friends and family (16%)
- home was too small (13%)
- due to a job relocation (11%)
- Home sellers reported their homes were on the market for a median of 3 weeks.
- 34% of home sellers in 2019 offered incentives to attract buyers.
- Home sellers in 2019 received a median sale price $60,000 higher than the purchase price.
- Only 66% percent of home sellers in 2019 were very satisfied with the selling process.
Contact Tamela today to schedule a Home Seller Consultation to better understand:
* Your rights as a home seller in MA
* The overall selling process, timeline, and realistic expectations
* How to protect your negotiating position
To ensure your best interests are always represented, hire a Listing Agent who works only with and for you as the home seller. It is your right to have undivided loyalty from your Listing Agent!
©Tamela Roche, all rights reserved. Data Source: National Association of Realtors® 2019 Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers