Select a Listing/Seller Agent who will represent only you, not the Buyer(s) of your home. Beware many Agents work with both sides in the same transaction; which is not in your best interest.
Real Estate IS Local
Choose a Listing/Seller Agent who is very knowledgeable and has experience selling homes in your local market. A local agent will have in-depth knowledge about the housing inventory near your home which is vital to accurately determine fair market value in order to obtain the highest selling price possible.
A highly skilled marketing and sales professional will have the experience necessary to promote your home for sale to as many buyers and buyer agents as possible.
Your Listing/Seller Agent should provide a comprehensive market analysis with pricing recommendations as well as a strategic marketing plan to maximize exposure to reach as many potential buyers as possible in the market today.
Hire a Listing/Seller Agent who demonstrates a solid understanding of the current market, trends, and who provides examples of specific strategies proven to be successful in our highly competitive market right now.
Every Agent Is Unique
There are many brokerage firms and agents from which to choose. Bear in mind most real estate agents work as “Independent Contractors” and may offer vastly different levels of service; even within the same brokerage firm.
Real estate agents must be highly skilled in many practice areas to be successful, including:
- Understand and protect your rights within city, state and federal regulations
- Educate, coach and advocate on behalf of Client
- Be personable and respectful to everyone at all times
- Highly accessible to Clients and juggle an unpredictable schedule
- Highly organized, effective with multi-tasking and time management
- Keep current with market trends and provide updated market analysis
- Proficient statistical analysis, ability to spot market trends
- Proven negotiation strategies and techniques
- Effective task and project manager to ensure a smooth closing
Real estate industry professionals who work with agents daily will know which real estate agents have the highest level of integrity and favorable reputation.
In addition to asking family and friends; consider also asking your attorney, financial advisor, mortgage lender and accountant for their recommendations.
Contact me today to schedule a Home Seller Consultation when you are ready to sell your home in Arlington, Belmont, Cambridge, Medford, or Somerville, MA. We can meet in person or virtually from the comfort of your home or office. I welcome all your questions about my experience and local market expertise.
About Tamela Massachusetts Real Estate License #9041852